What kind of tubing

Users who are viewing this thread

Barry J

Reaction score
My outside hose outlet is not located in a very good place, everytime I go to water the back grass, I have to lay the hose over the walkway. I would like to find another way. At first i was thinking of digging under the walkway and laying some maybe "inground sprinkler" pipe in the ground and running it to my deck which is around my pool. That deck is about 75 ft away. Then come up with a pipe and add a spigot by the deck. But that seemed too invovled.
My other idea was to run either regular hose, toward the left of the hose spigot from the house, I would have to run it below my back door and over the cement steps, then probably over the bulkhead, and then put a hose reel at the corner of the house, that would avoid the walkway.
Would mounted a regular hose with pipe brackets work better, or should I use, "in-ground piping" for that??
Any suggestions??
Barry

shag_fu

Reaction score
Personally I like the inground method. Yes more involved but a much better installation. Get a water jet digger(not sure if thats the right name) to get under your walkway. You should be able to find one that screws onto a 1"or 3/4" male pvc adapter. That will minimize the digging in that area, for the rest get a small trencher from the rental store. Just make sure your lawn is damp before you trench or it can be a real pita. Also plan for a way to purge the new line before winter hits or youll dig it up every year.

Mr_Pike

Reaction score
Barry a diagram would be very helpfull.

A couple things. With the pressure we have in my city, a garden hose wouldn't last long fully pressurized 24/7. The UV from the sun will eat PVC pipe, let alone a hose. So "Permanant" installation of a hose is really a mickey mouse solution.

I assume you live in Massachusetts from your post, so you have to be carefull that no matter what you do, you can get the water out of it just like your pool lines, or it will freeze and break. My suggestion is to hire a sprinkler company to plow and bore a line to where you need it. You could put a post and spigot, or a hidden hose connection in the yard.

I would also look into what size of line your current spigot is. If you have 1/2" pipe running to it, you might want to look into a total solution for your yard hydrant and pool filler spigot on 3/4" supply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks