what kind of shower is this?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by nishad, Oct 1, 2012.

1. nishad

nishad New Member

2012-09-24_21-42-3.jpg 2012-09-24_21-42-8.jpg 2012-09-24_21-42-13.jpg

Hi everyone, I just moved into a new house and need to add some fixtures into master shower. My plumber said he hasnt seen this type of valve before and doesnt know what to attach to it to make it work. Does anyone have any ideas? We are also not sure what the extra 2 controls on the left are either - is this some type of custom shower?

any suggestions appreicted

nishad
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The two valves to the left would normally control the flow to the handheld and the overhead shower units, individually.
  3. nishad

nishad New Member

thank you. does the main valve look like a standard type or do i need something special for it?
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Trim is not interchangeable between brands, so until you can identify the brand AND often the specific model, you won't be able to select any trim.

Nobody has jumped up to identify the valve(s), but to get a better idea, you may need to remove the cartridge and post a picture of that.