What kind of faucet is this?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by nickslick, Dec 29, 2011.

1. nickslick

nickslick New Member

Just bought a home, this is the left over shower faucet look like, anybody recognize what kind of faucet is this? photo.JPG

2. Dunbar Plumbing

Dunbar Plumbing Master Plumber

Service Plumber, Outdoor Temperature Relief Owner
    Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
    Looks like an American Standard with that bolt assembly design. Others will chime in that will confirm.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    Sayco, but there are two "cores" that fit it, and they are slightly different in appearance.

5. nickslick

nickslick New Member

the rest of the house is by Eljer, I think it's an Eljer but they went out of business ? do they make anymore of this

6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    Most valve parts are available, because they are made by "third party" companies. It MIGHT be Eljer, but I do not find any Eljer cartridges with that "double D" port configruration, and it is upside down from the Eljer units I can find.

7. Gulsah At ASB

Gulsah At ASB American Standard Brands

Hi there Nick! I spoke to our (American Standard Brands / Eljer) customer service team and they would like to see more photos and get pictures of the parts (valve, handle, and /or plate) if possible. Can you send your photos or additional information to socialmedia@americanstandard.com ? Eljer is owned by American Standard. you can visit www.Eljer.com - We are waiting for your email so we can help you further. - Gulsah At ASB

8. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Another lurker comes out of the woodwork. Let's hope they can help the gent.