What is this?

Users who are viewing this thread

trinitony

Reaction score
So my neighbor is having her bathroom professionally remodelled. We have the same house, but just flipped. I went by yesterday and looked at the plumbing in her shower. What is the metal (for the shower) the is connected to the copper and is it necessary. It's also on the hand held part too.

Attachments

• scups 029.jpg
    scups 029.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 226
  • scups 028.jpg
    scups 028.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 243
  • scups 025.jpg
    scups 025.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 229
  • scups 024.jpg
    scups 024.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 245
  • scups 030.jpg
    scups 030.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 246

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
There is no copper. Hmm, piping with cpvc wouldn't have been my first or second choice, but perhaps the house was originally plumbed with it. Yes, everything that is there is necessary, and apart from the rough-in mounting of the diverter and wall elbow, they seem to be doing a clean job of it.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I would have preferred a brass nipple rather than the black iron.

That is a tempory test nipple for the shower arm. It gets removed at trim-out.
Terry

Last edited by a moderator:

trinitony

Reaction score
This is all new plumbing. Although our houses are identical there were some marked differences in the plumbing. All my vents are PVC, wheras ALL their venting is copper. My stack was also PVC whereas their's cast iron.

Tomorrow I'll pay a visit and see if they've gotten any further.

So it's a temporary, ok...tks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is just a temporary plug for testing purposes, BUT, you should NOT have capped off the extra port on the diverter. If it is not needed for a device, it should have been connected to one of the other outlet pipes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks