What Is This Pipe ? AC condensate drain connection

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeinLA

Reaction score
Hello and thank you for allowing me to join your group. I am about to replace a bathroom sink, vanity and plumbing. I took a look underneath to check things out and in addition to the normal water shutoffs, drain pipe, etc, I see a black plastic pipe which leads from above the trap on the drain pipe to a metal pipe that's sticking out of the wall. I can't figure out what it is. I once replaced a powder room vanity and plumbing and it didn't have such a pipe. Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks in advance, Mike

MikeinLA

Reaction score
Here you go. It's the rubber hose leading from the drain to the wall.
IMG_8742.JPG

MikeinLA

Reaction score
Thanks. That makes sense since this is a townhouse and the A/C is on the roof right above this room. Plus I had never seen this kind of pipe before under a sink. Stupid Question: When I disconnect this to change out the sink/vanity, as long as the A/C is not on, should I be fine or prepare for water to come out of the wall pipe? Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks