Casing adapter, What is this part?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jasondelane

Reaction score
The two black line go to the pump. The green thing is on top of the well casing. Casing is only 2 or 3 inches.

jasondelane.jpg

There is a pic.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is the two pipe "jet". Normally it would inside the casing to get to deeper water, but since it is on top of the well, you must have a shallow well. You could install a single pipe pump if this one goes bad.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is possible that the water is less than 25 feet deep but I wouldn’t count on it.

A regular suction type pump can only lift water 25 foot. For water that is deeper than 25 feet you need a jet pump or a submersible pump etc. This type of single pipe packer ejector is normally used when the water is deeper than 25 foot but not much deeper than 200 foot depending on the model.

For a deep well with a small diameter well casing of less than 4 inches a single pipe packer ejector can be used. The well casing is utilized as the down pipe. A packer is used to separate the water in the upper part of the casing/drive pipe and the suction pipe. Below the packer is the section of suction pipe where incoming water from the well enters. A foot valve may be used at the end of the suction pipe or there is a check valve built into the packer.

The first 21 seconds of this animation shows a deep well with a single pipe jet system:

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
It is possible that the water is less than 25 feet deep but I wouldn’t count on it.

A regular suction type pump can only lift water 25 foot. For water that is deeper than 25 feet you need a jet pump or a submersible pump etc. This type of single pipe packer ejector is normally used when the water is deeper than 25 foot but not much deeper than 200 foot depending on the model.

For a deep well with a small diameter well casing of less than 4 inches a single pipe packer ejector can be used. The well casing is utilized as the down pipe. A packer is used to separate the water in the upper part of the casing/drive pipe and the suction pipe. Below the packer is the section of suction pipe where incoming water from the well enters. A foot valve may be used at the end of the suction pipe or there is a check valve built into the packer.

The first 21 seconds of this animation shows a deep well with a single pipe jet system:

Nice video. If the hose barbs were SS or brass, and coated with an anti corrosive, there might be a chance for easy renewal. This part is history. might want to bring in the rig and drill a real well if the conditions and wallet justify.

MrGidd

Reaction score
Thanks, this helps. I'm a novice, but I like to figure things out and learn. So, can I get what I need at Lowe's, etc., or have to go online?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That is a casing adapter for a two pipe deep well jet pump. It needs to match the pump, so you will need to get one from someone who sells that brand pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks