What is this in my basement floor?

Users who are viewing this thread

DIY4ISU

Reaction score
I'm going to begin finishing my basement in the coming months. As I am beginning to layout the rooms and visualize how things will progress I cannot positively identify something in my basement floor. It's not bathroom plumbing because that is clearly in another part of the basement. It's 6" in diameter and 9" from the wall. Any thoughts?

URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

DIY4ISU

Reaction score
So no plumbing at all near that?
My first thought was a toilet rough in.

No. The interior ground and electrical panel are within feet. The bathroom plumbing is about 40' away. Could it be for radon mitigation?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If they planned for a shower, toilet, or some other thing like that, you might find a p-trap or drain stub underneath, but as was said, no way to tell until you either poke a hole in it to see, or remove it.

speed51133

Reaction score
before you cut off the top, find out what kind of pipe it is. Make sure you can buy and seal a cap onto it. It doesnt look like standard PVC pipe, but who knows, I'm not a pro.

Ive never seen anything like it, other than an upside down 5gal bucket someone left in the wet concrete...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks