What is the new year bringing, especially in residential, especially in service panel

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I just walked thru a '50s era house, about 1100 sq ft, no ac (but will desperately need it) three wire circuits in conduit, all four of them (circuits), the kitchen outlets and half the house outlets are on one circuit....the panel is a six space zinsco with no main breaker....

The new owner is going to be desperately shocked when I work up my bid, I fear. This place is drastically run down, and she has large ambitions, ceiling fans, recessed lights, etc. And a new panel.

Oh, and it is on a slab and has no attic. The panel is about as remote from the entrance of the plumbing to the house as could be.

Repanels are going to trigger arc fault breakers, yes? And three wire circuits will be a problem.

What is your locality doing these days. The city I do most of my work in is pushing the arc faults pretty hard, but this job is next door in Los Angeles. Have not done a repanel in LA for a few years. Looks like an early trip to plan check is due.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks