What is the maximum length for a horizontal "foot" vent connection under UPC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Numerick

Reaction score
In the illustration below, under UPC is there a Table or Code reference that can state what the allowable distance a horizontal foot vent can travel before entering a vertical vent stack? My distance is approximately +/- 15 feet, just wondering if this will work correctly.

Bow vent.JPG

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I do not know where you found that "Mickey Mouse" drawing, but as long as you have the REQUIRED cleanout in the vertical vent, the distance is somewhat irrelevant although logic would say that there HAS to be a wall nearby.

Asktom

Reaction score
UPC again. The foot vent should come off the vertical (not horizonal as shown in your drawing) using a wye fitting immediately below the floor and extend to the nearest partition. The fittings need to be drainage fittings (wyes, 1/8 bends, LS 1/4s...). The foot vent also requires a cleanout either where it turns upward or on the vertical in the partition. If you search this site you will find pictures.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks