What is the correct (or best) replacement flapper for a Toto Drake II?

Users who are viewing this thread

trouper

Reaction score
I need to get several replacement flappers and it doesn't seem to be that easy to figure out what the correct or best one is. Looking in the tank there is an ID that I assume if for the toilet (ST454E #01). On the lid there is reference to a flapper THU253S as the replacement. This part no longer seems to exist.

The flapper itself is pink and has a black float attached to it. Is the float associated with the flapper or the tank regardless of what flapper is installed?

There appears to be no less than 3 different red korky that may or may not fit.

So what is the suggested replacement flapper currently for the Drake II? I'm fine with mail ordering them, I just want to get the correct model flapper.

Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've been using the Korky 3060 3" flapper that adjusts.
The Korky 2023 has issues.

korky-3060-2.jpg

korky-3060-toto.jpg

Last edited:

trouper

Reaction score
I am reading about the numerous issues with 2023 Korky which I believe is also Toto THU499s. There is also another universal Korky 3060. I am assuming you recommend the Fluidmaster over it as well? There are 2 models 5403 and PRO58. Which are you using? I do not know what the differences are. Thanks.

Fluidmaster Tech

Reaction score
I would go with whatever came in the toilet. All valves perform differently. They are setup to flush a certain amount of water. If you do not like what came with it then go with something that has adjustments. That way you can start with the least amount of water flushing to save a small amount of money. (very small) You can right to the largest flush and most likely get the best flush performance. Do not adjust the water height on the tank since the fill valve and overflow pipe on the flush valve are set so that the water will not spill over the tank if there is an issue.

FifthLabour

Reaction score
Website
www.coronaheights4rent.com
We have a Toto Vespin II Toilet. It is running. Should I replace the flapper with a new Toto/Korky unit or replace the whole flush valve with the THU443.10B-A Drain Valve with Flush Tower? Is this a better, more reliable way to go? I guess I would also replace the tank-bowl gasket and the tank mounting rubber washers...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks