What Is the Best Porcelain Tile Thinset Mortar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Michigan Ray

Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to be installing a kitchen countertop along with a full backsplash (between upper and lower cabinets on new primed drywall). I will be using 6" x 6" porcelain tile. I would like some suggestions for thinset mortar that has high tackiness for the walls as well as the countertop. I will be using either Hardiebacker or Durock on the countertop Thanks in advance for the help, Ray

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Check out this thread http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34610 .

Especially if you decide to use HardieBacker...make sure to take a wet sponge and liberally wash it down before spreading your thinset. That stuff is VERY thirsty, and will suck too much moisture out of the thinset. As long as there's no surface water, you can't make it too wet, and it gets any dust off before you try to start setting your tiles.

Eurob

master tile and stone installer
Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
Quite few best mortars out there for your application , Ray .

Ardex X77

Kerabond T & Keralastic

To name some .

Do not forget to complete it with an epoxy grout which can also give you best results .:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks