What is causing my Kohler K-304 shower to turn on.

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by J300, May 10, 2014.

1. J300

J300 New Member

Why is my kohler shower turning on when the handle is turned at midway and full.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  3. J300

J300 New Member

Yes and here is the model: KOHLER K-304-KS-NA Rite-Temp Pressure Balancing Valve

I forgot to say, When the water is coming to the tub the shower is also turning on.

No PEX piping, I see PVC installed. Does the size of the pipes cause this or is this a valve problem?
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If the tub spout was run in PEX piping, it will force water up to the shower head while filling the tub. The tub spout piping should be full size piping. Either copper or pipe nipples. The fittings on PEX are too small for a tub spout.

[​IMG]