What I learned from the cops today

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Ha,lol. At work tonite a nun came in who knew me from prior days, and heard I lost my husband, she asked if I wanted to join up. To be honest, I have given it some thought, even before tonite, but, I am taking classes to be a first rate home inspector, :)... and, my shoes, well, they won't match. Catholics are great people, give us a chance. My own dad changed faith for my mom. The part of Ireland he was from didn't like the Catholics either, but then... he met this woman with nice red hair and her religion didn't matter and neither did his. We are peaceful and loving, gentle people, so get it right. lol

or... I can get out the ruler.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Actually from what I see the IRA was quite helpful in getting ugly 1960's architecture redeveloped...
Take for instance Corporation St. in Manchester...
A 3,300lb bomb brought it down rather nicely...

bomb1.jpg

After several years of rebuilding they have a downtown to be proud of...

bomb2.jpg

http://www.johncoulthart.com/feuilleton/2006/06/15/manchester-bomb/

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Interesting.

I wonder what the New York skyline will look like when they finally replace the World Trade Centre Towers with whatever they’ve chosen.

Terrorism is NEVER the right thing to do.

But the Irish were cowards. Like the 9/11 terrorists.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Seriously now, tax chocolate, tea, donuts, candy and coffee like cigarettes, legalize and tax marijuana, and we can cut the onerous income taxes. Give those over 65 a card to eliminate their tax on those items.

Also add in BIG taxes on motorhomes, atv's, go carts, and cars costing over 30,000$ unless electric.

And motorhomes should buy "highway stickers" for a huge fee like in Europe.

And golf: minimum $100 tax per player per round played. They should be home maintaining the car and house.

2$ per head for every person attending a pro sports event.

5$ for boxing, 25$ per head for extreme fighting matches. 50$ per head for skiers.

Americas gasoline consumption just dropped 45%.

The most important one? Legalization of prostitution with nice taxes and health monitoring. No more rapes, and this alone might allow the ski tax to drop to 5 or ten bucks. Full pensions for the girls [and guys] after 15 years. Divorce rates would drop 80%

Registered sex offenders get a 75% discount card for the houses of good repute, and discounted taxi service to the location.

Give tax credits for buying guns, however. The chinese are coming and the police are overworked.... although with prostitution legal, they would have time to fight REAL crime.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I don't understand why we should not tax incomes? And why the rich should not pay more than the poor? They do earn more after all. I say tax 'em high!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Interesting.

I wonder what the New York skyline will look like when they finally replace the World Trade Centre Towers with whatever they’ve chosen.

Terrorism is NEVER the right thing to do.

But the Irish were cowards. Like the 9/11 terrorists.

Or were the British in Ireland the Terrorists?

Interesting turn about eh Ian?

Things happen when you overstay your welcome...

You're just lucky that there was a large body of water between your Britain and the US that was not easily traveled in 1776...

They probably wouldn't have stopped at just chasing you out of the colonies....

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
We would have wiped the traitors off the face of the Earth had they dared fight us at sea! Our navy was, and continues to be, superior. It's all in the training. We have the finest navy in the world.

But on land, you had the help of the French and all the other troublemakers. Besides, we couldn't really be bothered. You owe the French. Don't forget that. They saved your butts.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
The French got New Orleans, a lower low than Baltic avenue.

And they got Canada, which I would never have allowed. They only fought to screw the English, not to help the Americans.

And your Navy, admirable as it is and what it once was in its fantastic glory days, [ with the exception of that Moron stiff shirt Franklin and his Artic escapades] .....could all fit into San Diego's naval base.

San francisco built more Liberty ships in 4 years during the 1940's to save the English from learning German, than England built in the last 30 years.

Few realize that when driving east through San Bernadino, California, as they pass a rusting hulk of a steel mill, that it was built solely to make steel plate for the rescue of England by liberty ships. Kaiser co. [a bit of an ironic joke, eh?] even opened an entire iron ore mine to feed the plant near the Nevada border.

If I was an American Indian, I would say we should ALL get the hell out of this once wonderful wilderness.

I say take a few moronic american bumper scrapes and be glad we still have English as a living language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_J._Kaiser

Ian, you should especially like this industrialist saviour of England as he started an enduring health care system for his workers.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
You did not build any ships for the English. In World War II, your generosity stretched to lending us the war ships that you had left over from World War I!

They were rubbish.

There are lots of differences between the English and American navies. The biggest, is that when you talk to an American sailor he only does one thing, like radar. That's all they train them to do: one thing. In the Royal Navy, sailors are trained to do lots of things, like eletronic warfare and radar. The American sailors are always envious when you tell them that.

The other biggy is the sheer level of noise aboard American ships. On the loud speaker, it's all "Hey boyz this..." and "Great Job" that. A constant racket. In the Royal Navy, it's much more peace and quiet. Americans love coming aboard English ships and subs. Just ask 'em.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
We would have wiped the traitors off the face of the Earth had they dared fight us at sea! Our navy was, and continues to be, superior. It's all in the training. We have the finest navy in the world.

Ummm Ian I think they did fight the British Navy at sea....

JPJones.jpg

"I have not yet begun to fight..." John Paul Jones in reply to Captain Pearson of Serapis requesting his surrender.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Paul_Jones

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
He was just a pesky pirate. If you had had the balls to come to sea, instead of playing safe on land, you'd all be speaking English right now. QUEEN'S English, that is.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yea sure Ian I just love the story of how he went up against the bigger better gunned Serapis and even after his own ship was sunk he sailed away a winner in his new ship...

That started a long losing tradition for the wimpy british forces as they watched the empire collapse.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
No. It held strong until World War II. Then as a thank you, we let them govern themselves.

America's independence was just outright treason. Washington wanted to be King. And so it has been here ever since.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
You did not build any ships for the English. In World War II, your generosity stretched to lending us the war ships that you had left over from World War I!

They were rubbish

Bloody rubbish post without background.

Where on earth did you get that from? Most of those liberty ships fed the English and brought them the engines for their planes and the bombs for them to drop.

England would have been a German slaughterhouse without our gifts to our old oppressor.

Those noisy American sailors risked their lives driving all that war material because your little island didnt have enough men to man them, much less build them.

http://ahoy.tk-jk.net/macslog/WW2LibertyShips-TheBridge.html

http://www.uh.edu/engines/epi91.htm

Without them, you would have only Volkswagons in the junk yards of England. Which would be a large improvement over Jaguars, actually.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks