What has all the quality chrome tubular stuff gone

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by chefwong, Jun 27, 2012.

1. chefwong

chefwong New Member

The last time I have ordered tubular fittings....it was a mixture of Wolverine and Keeney stuff. All made in the USA and the finish was super nice ..

Kohler IMO still makes some of the best coated/plated strainers, traps and angle stops. Sure wise they would get with the times and make the angle stops in 1/4 ball.

Went shopping locally. Everyone's carrying poop.

Who these days are making quality chrome tubular brass pieces. My Wolverine Brass rep is no longer around.
    Methinks I'm going to have to mailorder for supplies...
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

And WHERE do you think the mail order guys will be getting THEIR supplies from? You will probably NOT get quality items from the big box stores where customers shop for price.
  3. chefwong

chefwong New Member

Well, it depends on what brand/make I mailorder right.

On the other thread re: couplers, the old orange couplers I picked up were of higher quality on castings than my supply house....

Hopefully Wolverine is still on par and domestic...
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

What is an "orange coupler"?
  5. chefwong

chefwong New Member

Oops. I meant the Orange Box (Home Burritos) brass coupler was of higher quality than the ones I initally picked up from the supply house...