What goes down must come up???

Users who are viewing this thread

xcharliex

Reaction score
Dear Forum

I (100% clueless at plumbing) am looking at buying top floor office space and need to put in a toilet and kitchen sink. The plumbing waste by necessity must go up to the roof, across and then join the main waste pipes. How is the technology for this? Are the options cheap?

Thanks for any help!

Charlie

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Charlie, many of the professional plumber that can give you informed advice on this do not frequent the site on week-ends. As a DIYer, I can tell you that you will need a professional plumber to do this job, and it will not be inexpensive. An on site evaluation by a professional might provide you with options.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

1. Usually the waste pipes will be installed in the ceiling of the lower units, (often at night after they have gone home. This is expensive)
2. You cannot do this work yourself, so you call a plumber and he will tell you how it will be done.
3. The building manager will probably require that you have an architect or engineer design the installation and drainage, instead of the plumber. (more expense).

xcharliex

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I am in Ukraine so plumbers would be cheap if thats any consolation. I will talk to plumber here about the cost.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks