What fitting do I need?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by mihomeowner, Apr 2, 2014.

1. mihomeowner

mihomeowner Member

I am installing a humidifier. It comes with a saddle valve to attach the 1/4 inch OD tubing for the supply. I don't want to use a saddle valve, haven't heard good things. What fitting do I need to install in my 1" copper line to be able to tap off the line and attach the 1/4" compression tubing?

Thanks
  2. asktom

asktom Member

You need a 1 X 1 X 1/2 CCC tee and a 1/2 X 1/4 angle stop.
  3. mihomeowner

mihomeowner Member

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

uote; Thanks, that's helpful. Ever used these fittings

Of course. Every time we need them, but you also need a way to get that tee inserted into the pipe, unless it is flexible enough to separate for the insertion.