What do you use to removed recessed nut on Toto Ultramax?

Users who are viewing this thread

Workindirt

Reaction score
I have two Toto Ultramax toilets. The nut connecting the bowl (fill valve) to the water supply are completely different, even though they are both Ultramax toilets, bought about a year apart...one is recessed into the bottom of the bowl, the other is easily accessible.

I am trying to replace the fill valve on one of them, but the nut under the bowl is about 2+ inches wide and recessed. I can't remove it with any of the tools I have because it is recessed and the wrenches won't fit because they can't grab the nut. (My other Toto Ultramax has a smaller nut that is easily removed because it is not recessed.)

What sort of tool should I buy to remove the large recessed nut under the toilet tank above the water supply hose? Much thanks!!!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks