What do you use to removed recessed nut on Toto Ultramax?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by workindirt, Feb 17, 2012.

1. workindirt

workindirt New Member

I have two Toto Ultramax toilets. The nut connecting the bowl (fill valve) to the water supply are completely different, even though they are both Ultramax toilets, bought about a year apart...one is recessed into the bottom of the bowl, the other is easily accessible.

I am trying to replace the fill valve on one of them, but the nut under the bowl is about 2+ inches wide and recessed. I can't remove it with any of the tools I have because it is recessed and the wrenches won't fit because they can't grab the nut. (My other Toto Ultramax has a smaller nut that is easily removed because it is not recessed.)

What sort of tool should I buy to remove the large recessed nut under the toilet tank above the water supply hose? Much thanks!!!
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012