what do they call this fitting?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by billfig, Mar 8, 2011.

1. billfig

billfig New Member

I have a 1"check valve on my tank tee, the Plastic Elbow thet screws into it and then slides into the 1-1/4" plastic tubing/pipe from my well. It appears this elbow has a very slight leak so I was thinking when I reseal the threads, maybe I should put a brass one in-I also could use an extra 1"-2" anyways for better alignment. any links to what I'm after? TIA!
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Just looks like a 1" insert elbow. Maybe called a 1" barb to thread elbow.
  3. billfig

billfig New Member

Thanks! Is brass-best then black plastic then nylon?
  4. WellWaterProducts

WellWaterProducts In the trades

http://www.campbellmfg.com/catalog/a05.htm
  5. billfig

billfig New Member

Thanks for the link! I ended up replacing the plastic insert with a brass street elbow and a brass barb. I think everything is great now...better be!lol