What do I need to do?

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by ingeborgdot, Mar 17, 2009.

1. ingeborgdot

ingeborgdot New Member

I purchased this telephone module from Open House.
    http://www.openhousesystem.com/pdf/manuals/H619.pdf
    If you look carefully it says the jacks are wired 568A but all the cable I got was pre terminated but it was pre terminated 568B. Both ends are 568B. What do I need to do? I bought them this way because factory ends are so much better. It did not say that I saw that they are 568B. The ends will go into telephone. Will it make a difference? Thanks for your help.
  2. SeattleSoxFan

SeattleSoxFan In the Trades

There shouldn't be any problem. As long as both ends of the cable are the same, everything should be ok. Cross-over cables have one end A and the other B, but those are for special purposes and not appropriate for your use.
  3. ingeborgdot

ingeborgdot New Member

If you take a look at the link, you see the manual for this phone module. So I don't need to rearrange the line coming in? Thanks.
  4. bsperr

bsperr Member

You should be fine with the cables you have. Like SeatleSoxfan said, both A an B are wired straight through from pin to pin (they just have a different color arrangement). The same pins will be used in either arrangement (some of them won't be used at all). Your telephone hub and jacks won't know the difference.