What do I need to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
I purchased this telephone module from Open House.
http://www.openhousesystem.com/pdf/manuals/H619.pdf
If you look carefully it says the jacks are wired 568A but all the cable I got was pre terminated but it was pre terminated 568B. Both ends are 568B. What do I need to do? I bought them this way because factory ends are so much better. It did not say that I saw that they are 568B. The ends will go into telephone. Will it make a difference? Thanks for your help.

SeattleSoxFan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
jandmcarpentry.com
There shouldn't be any problem. As long as both ends of the cable are the same, everything should be ok. Cross-over cables have one end A and the other B, but those are for special purposes and not appropriate for your use.

Ingeborgdot

Reaction score
If you take a look at the link, you see the manual for this phone module. So I don't need to rearrange the line coming in? Thanks.

Bsperr

Reaction score
You should be fine with the cables you have. Like SeatleSoxfan said, both A an B are wired straight through from pin to pin (they just have a different color arrangement). The same pins will be used in either arrangement (some of them won't be used at all). Your telephone hub and jacks won't know the difference.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks