what are these called? 1958 amer std toilet hold down bolt caps

Users who are viewing this thread

Edwardh1

Reaction score
the ceramic acorn sized caps that fit over the top (visible) part of the hold down bolts on the toilets floor flange hold down bolts.
last plumber broke a few, and looked like he used plumbers putty to "stick" the caps back on.

what are they called and can you buy replacement caps in all the strange colors that have been used in the past?

Reach4

Reaction score
They are usually called closet bolt caps, and toilet bolt caps.

Search for "Colored Plastic Covers for Toilet Bolts" in your favorite search engine.

They are available many places in white.

If you want original porcelain caps with the exact color, I don't know if you will find that. Perhaps somebody will have them available in the future when replacing a toilet.

Maybe you would have success painting the white plastic caps to the color you want.

Last edited:

Edwardh1

Reaction score
strang to me were the I guess 50s, and up to mid 60s, bronze refrigerators and stoves, and the early 50s pastels, blues greens etc.
seems white and black hangs on well, tho which white????!!!!

Reach4

Reaction score
I expect that you are only looking for one color rather than looking for an assortment.

Asktom

Reaction score
White fixtures with chrome fittings are timeless, although harvest gold urinals seemed sort of practical in their day.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks