What are the 2 small holes at the top of my shower pan for?

Users who are viewing this thread

mcjurich

Reaction score
Hi,

I just moved into a new townhouse with a "fiberglass?" shower pan. On either side of the shower doors at the top of the shower pan where the tile meets the fiberglass, there is a hole that looks like some kind of pre-molded drainage hole or weep hole. What are these for and should I leave them open? It seems that water could easily get into the wall cavity from showering or cleaning the shower?

Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There's a lip behind the shower pan that the tile fits over. Water can get behind the tile, it then falls over the lip, and then it needs a way to drain out. My guess is to leave them alone. If you can identify the brand, you might be able to find the installation instructions to verify.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks