What about Northstar softeners?

Users who are viewing this thread

tmp9a59

Reaction score
I am in the market for a new softener and this is what the plumber is selling.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
They are sold through plumbing and pump supply houses. They are made by Ecowater and have the same valve and nonindustry standard clamp om tanks as a Kenmore, Whirlpool, mortonsalt.com, GE at Lowe's and Ecowater softeners except they have two separate tanks and the rest have the resin tank inside the salt tank; called a cabinet model.

They have a rotary disc valve and last about 2-5 years before they quit. You would do much better buying from an online dealer like me and installing it yourself or hiring a plumber to install it. I suggest a Clack WS-1 control valve. Depending on the size of the softener, you'd probably save $500-$1000.

tmp9a59

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I thought that was about the life of the product. It is in bypass mode now since the valve it self will do nothing but run water through it.
Not worth dealing with all the o-rings and finicky pieces.

Since I have the plumbing already complete, I will just do my research and go online.

Thanks

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Andy...just in case you didn't know Gary is a real person...and is also a professional...but then you know that and were just trying to agrivate... he can also talk on the phone as easy as a guy who lives a few towns away from the OP...what was the reason for the remark...

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks