WH burner... doesn't look right.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by inexplorata, Apr 5, 2012.

1. inexplorata

inexplorata New Member

I brought home an orphan AO Smith 75 gallon, the previous owner has gone to tankless....

Once in my garage I started looking it over... the burner seems off-kilter by several degrees.

[​IMG]

The little rusty bracket has a V-shaped notch in it... is the burner meant to sit on that? Should I just bend it into place?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

It is a good picture of the pilot burner and thermocouple, but I cannot tell anything about the main burner, except it looks like it is an "S" shape in your photo.