Wet vent for Macerating Toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

JoeJee

HVAC Contractor
Reaction score
I have an unused 2” vent stack (was for a sink that was removed). I am wanting to use a macerating toilet and tie into the stack. Can I run 2” over near the toilet (taking off 1.5” vents for the sink and toilet) then reduce down to the 1” pvc required for outlet of toilet? The total run would be about 6’ vertical and 15’ horizontal. I made a rough drawing to help get my idea across...

Attachments

• 00154BAB-26F7-47A8-AC91-9874B6A42D6B.png
    00154BAB-26F7-47A8-AC91-9874B6A42D6B.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 141

JoeJee

HVAC Contractor
Reaction score
no that wont fly

Are you able to explain why so I can understand for the future? Since that won’t work do I run both a 1.5” (for vent) and a 1” (for macerator discharge ) line from Stack to macerating toilet?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
cant tie vents into the drainline wet venting between floors not alowed . could be more issues but thats one . you might check the specs from manufacture

JoeJee

HVAC Contractor
Reaction score
cant tie vents into the drainline wet venting between floors not alowed . could be more issues but thats one . you might check the specs from manufacture

This is a single floor home. The vent stack was for a small sink in the mud room. Sink has been removed so nothing else is on this run (it ties into the main in the yard).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks