Wet vent entire bathroom where water closet at end of run

Users who are viewing this thread

wright.stephen75

Reaction score
putting in a new master bath with toilet, shower, and lavatory that will serve as the wet vent for the entire system. i have the 2" lavatory drain at the start of the run, then downstream i pickup the 2" shower drain, then finally end at my toilet with a 3x3x2 combo with the 2" oriented horizontally back toward the shower and lavatory drain line. the water closet has the 3x3x2 combo below and then runs (immediately) back into an outside where it drops into the 3" stack down into the crawl to tie into my 4" main branch out to septic. my question is whether or not this will work with the 3x3x2 combo oriented in this manner? is this ok in ohio? will it siphon my shower or lavatory?

wright.stephen75

Reaction score
here's a pic (albeit crude) of what i'm trying to do.

wetvent.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Your drawing is not a 3x3x2 combo, a 3x3x2 combo has the small opening on the side. They do NOT make 3x2x3 combos, but you can use a 3" one with a 3x2 bushing in the end. As long as the shower drain runs horizontally, with NO ups or downs before the trap it should pass inspection.

wright.stephen75

Reaction score
Thanks HJ (and Sawyer).

I have already cut the bottom and top plates for the stack, and the plumbing inspector (i just talked with him) will not allow the 3" with 3x2 bushing in the end. I don't have enough space to put the 2" part vertical, so I'm stuck with either moving my stack or venting the toilet separately and running the shower and lavatory (still wet vent) back into the stack wall and attaching further down the run of the stack with a wye and 45, thus eliminating the 3x3x2 piece i had.

Now the toilet will just be 90-deg from w.c. flange, then another 90 (3x3x2) with the 2" coming out the side and positioned vertically. So in this case the toilet will be completely separate venting from the shower and lav.

So my question is (since this is a really tight space in the wall for the 2" vent part), are there any restrictions on how I can run that line up for the vent? Reason I ask is that I will have to immediately 45 it back towards the wall further, then 45 again to get around a window, then can finally run straight up into attic and tie into my main stack.

Or do you have any suggestions for me on venting the toilet now that it's to be separated from shower and lav?

Any input is greatly appreciated. I've been "stuck on stupid" on this one for days now.

Thanks,
Steve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks