Wet spot of home foundation, possibly plumbing leak in pipe going through foundation?

Users who are viewing this thread

RandyJr

Reaction score
Long time reader of this forum but just made an account. I hope this is okay to post here being it's an issue with a wet, leaking spot on my foundation. I'm not real sure what the deal is and need some guidance as I think this could maybe be a leaking plumbing pipe.

Going to try and post pics but about 5 or 6 inches below where the brick veneer starts, I have a small wet spot on my foundation. There are about 4 holes in the foundation, one larger at the top and the bottom two look like the end of nails. I dug out a little concrete to see if I could figure out what was going on and quit as I didn't want to make it worse. There was something like a plastic walmart bag on the outside and I can see something white like maybe pipe.

After digging it out, the wet spot got bigger and it goes a little further down the foundation but appears to stop. Been looking like this for a few weeks now but I don't know when it started. My water main comes in on the opposite side of the house, so I don't think it's a water main. Directly on the other side of the wall is my kitchen and actually is my refrigerator/ice maker water supply pipe but I don't think that pipe is going straight down through the foundation. But since it's my kitchen area, I probably have a drain pipe going down in this area but not sure.

There are no leaks in my house at all. Could this be a plumbing leak or what? I would think maybe not unless there was a backup because wouldn't the pipe go straight down and not need to seep through the foundation? Is this normal for seepage if you have holes in your foundation?

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 409
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks