Wellmate relief valve empties/pressure fluctuates

Users who are viewing this thread

Ditt44

Reaction score
I have a strange situation.

Wellmate Pump and treatment system.
The system is roughly 10 years old and has never had a problem prior. We have lived in the house for 3.5 years.

What happens:
- about every 1 hour and 20 minutes the pressure reaches 80 psi
- the relief valve spits out 6+ ounces of water
- pressure drops to 38-42
- pressure again builds to 80 psi, repeat

I never paid attention to what the pressure did when in use. Now, it seems that after water is run from any source in the house, about 30 seconds later we get a pressure spike and the relief valve dumps some water. This is in addition to the steps outlined above that occur roughly every hour and twenty minutes +/-.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Glad to find the forum!

Thanks!

Speedbump

Reaction score
Your pressure spread is a bit high. You may have a plugged pressure switch tube which is not telling the pump to shut off at a more realistic pressure like 60 psi.

The pressure relief valve is doing it's job.

You have either a leak somewhere, your tank is totally waterlogged or both.

bob...

Ditt44

Reaction score
None of that sounds easy to diagnose/locate nor inexpensive to fix.

Thanks for the reply. ANY chance of other issues, bad switch or gauge?

Speedbump

Reaction score
The gauge could be bad, but the switch is doing what it is supposed to. It may just be getting the news about the pressure a little late because of the plugged pipe.

bob...

Ditt44

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I called a guy to take a look, luckily he can do it this morning. I really hope it isn't "big", especially at this time of year.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks