Wellmate pressure tank leaking

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Karljr, May 31, 2012.

1. Karljr

Karljr New Member

I have a 6 year old Wellmate pressure tank WM25-WB that is leaking around the plastic cap on top of it. The leak is between the fiberglass and the plastic cap not inside the cap where the shrader valve is located. Can this be repaired? If yes how?
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

I don’t think it can be repaired. 6 years? That is one year past the five-year warranty period. Probably just a coincidence. :)
  3. masterpumpman

masterpumpman New Member

It's done trash it.
  4. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

I'm not as familiar with the WM25-WB as these two experts, but I would not roll over so easily. It's my very frugal nature. Perhaps there is a slight deformity in the composite material that makes up the sealing surface that could be touched up with fine sandpaper on a hard block.
  5. Karljr

Karljr New Member

Thanks for the reponse. My plumber is saying it's toast but I'll tear it apart and look at it just for fun. I'll let you know if I am successful.
  6. Karljr

Karljr New Member

Thanks for the response. I am hearing the same thing from everyone.