Well-X-Trol 203 problem with water...

Users who are viewing this thread

Maliki2

Reaction score
I have a Well-X-Trol 203. Last year we had a leak problem at the grey control box. It was replaced. Just recently within the last few weeks we have been having water problems. I went to turn on the faucet and water was out in the entire house. This has now been going on randomly for the past few weeks. A couple times a week.

The fix it to raise the metal bar on the control box half way until I can hear the tank charging up. Any ideas what may be causing this?!?!

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The low pressure cutoff is tripping. Probably the supply is less than the demand but it could be something as simple as too much precharge on the bladder tank.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Welcome to Terry's Forums Maliki2,

It sounds like your new pressure switch is not working properly.

The line going to it may be plugged up, or the pressure switch needs replaced with one without a low pressure cut off.

When you say metal bar on the control box, is that the pressure switch that you are talking about ?

What Model of pump do you have ?

DonL

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
The low pressure cutoff is tripping. Probably the supply is less than the demand but it could be something as simple as too much precharge on the bladder tank.

Sorry, I doubled with you on that post, but that makes sense also.

The new switch may not be set the same as the old one.
and the tank pressure may need adjusted accordingly.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks