Well-x-trol 202

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by hammy233, May 7, 2005.

1. hammy233

hammy233 New Member

Ok forgive me for silly questions....I`m a newbie to wells and pumps, ok my problem....my pump is short cycling, I drained the pressure tank to zero,checked air pressure with tire gauge, no pressure :( , pumped it back up to 28psi(should the gauge on the pump be showing this pressure also?)turned pump back on built system pressure to 50psi...all was well for 3days,short cycling again drained tank used tire gauge..no pressure at the shrader valve again :confused: , so I have once again pumped up the bladder , my pressure tank is just under 2 years old :eek: a Well-x-trol WX202Pro....any ideas?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The tank is leaking air. It could be a bladder leak, or it could be from the valve or a seam. Take some soapy water after you pump it back up again, and see if you see any bubbles around the valve. It might be as simple as thightening the guts of the valve. If it isn't that, then it sounds like you need a new tank. How long is the warranty? My unprofessional opinion.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tank

Check the pressure before you shut down the system. If water comes out you have a bad diaphragm. Then shut down and drain the system and check the pressure again. If the pressure is zero, then you have a bad air valve or an air leak somewhere.
  4. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Check for air leaks as mentioned by others. If you don't find any, then the bladder is bust. The warrantly on that tank is 5 years, so call the installer and tell them of the problem and schedule the replacement.

Gary
    Quality Water Associates
  5. captwally

captwally New Member

The WX202 is a very good tank. I've installed hundreds, but I have had two that I know of that were bad out of the box. Such is the way with mass produced manufactured items of any sort, whether they are pressure tanks, fishing reels or sprinkler heads. The warranty is 5 years as Gary says and I have never had a problem getting them replaced within that time period. If you are really persuasive you can have them reimburse you for the labor as well as the tank, as I did in both situations.