Well we finally found out what the problem's been, all these years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ok, we had the changes done today.

Plumbing%20repairs%20&%20rerouting%205-22-18%201%20redu.jpg

Plumbing%20repairs%20&%20rerouting%205-22-18%202%20redu.jpg

Plumbing%20repairs%20&%20rerouting%205-22-18%203%20redu.jpg

And here's what the pipes that he removed, looked like in the yard, laid out:

Plumbing%20repairs%20&%20rerouting%205-22-18%20section%20removed%20&%20replaced%20redu.jpg

Now I still don't know how the 3 bathrooms and kitchen sink came together into all this. They said my drawing above is incorrect, but I don't know what the correct drawing would look like and they don't seem likely to explain it. But they say that the changes today should cure it.
For that kinda of money they could of used a decent Fernco clamp.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
When it was cleaned out from the driveway was it to the home or to the street connection? Since you stated that it would clog up in a few days from the toilet it seems that the rooter head could not make it past the wye.

Abs or pvc pipe itself would rarely cause a block. Nothing sticks to it like old clay or iron pipe. Somewhere along the way solids were getting snagged and slowly built up. You stated that the slope is under the drive to the street connection is very steep. Too much slope and the liquids can get too far ahead of solids leaving the solids behind. Not enough slope and things remain in the pipe.

As far as cost, how many guys were there to do the fix? Two workers for five hours is ten hours, etc. A good size company do have workers at the shop or office to write the orders, order equipment, schedule the work and so on. On top of all of that is insurance, trucks and maintenance. This is true for all trades and many ask on this forum this same question.

I hope this redo did the fix and if not at least this company should remain in business to help with any future occurrence.

Melissa2007B

Reaction score
When it was cleaned out from the driveway was it to the home or to the street connection?

The home direction.

Since you stated that it would clog up in a few days from the toilet it seems that the rooter head could not make it past the wye.

Yes.

Abs or pvc pipe itself would rarely cause a block. Nothing sticks to it like old clay or iron pipe. Somewhere along the way solids were getting snagged and slowly built up. You stated that the slope is under the drive to the street connection is very steep. Too much slope and the liquids can get too far ahead of solids leaving the solids behind. Not enough slope and things remain in the pipe.

Being it was clogging every 6-15 months, we're assuming it was the wye.

As far as cost, how many guys were there to do the fix?

Just one.

Two workers for five hours is ten hours, etc. A good size company do have workers at the shop or office to write the orders, order equipment, schedule the work and so on. On top of all of that is insurance, trucks and maintenance. This is true for all trades and many ask on this forum this same question.

Understand, but I can also imagine the plumber getting paid $100 an hour and the company getting another $100. This is why we're absolutely horrified at the thought of EVER having to hire a plumber.

I hope this redo did the fix and if not at least this company should remain in business to help with any future occurrence.

They may remain in business, charging $650 an hour, but we won't hire them again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks