Well Water

Users who are viewing this thread

Joan Timmerman

Reaction score
my well water appears cloudy and leaves rust stains in my commodes. We have a deep well
and filter system as well as salt system. It appears it is not pulling the salt into the system .
What does manual regen do? It is on the filter system.
thanks Joan

Reach4

Reaction score
You should get a lab test of your raw water. I like kit 90 from http://www.karlabs.com/watertestkit/

Post a picture of your filter system and "salt system" (water softener"). Are there names and/or model numbers on the softener?

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it isn't pulling brine from the brine tank you may find that the orifice at the end of the suction line is plugged.

I'll preach this until the day I die, for the most accurate results find a local, state certified lab and deliver the water to them as soon as possible after taking the sample(s). Better yet, if they have a courier, have them come out, sample the water properly & get it to the lab. Your water quality is far to important to trust to some mail order lab.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks