well water pressure

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by ugabulldog, Apr 15, 2012.

1. ugabulldog

ugabulldog New Member

How much psi should I have from well to tank, the same as my cut in and out settings?? If this helps, I have a submersible pump about 240' deep, well is about 380' from house, 1" pvc. Tank cut in at 30 psi, off at 60 psi. The reason I am asking is I have a pressure relief valve at top of well, it is leaking when pump runs, I have adjusted it all the way up to 175psi and it still leaks when pump runs.
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Either your pressure relief valve is bad, or you have a Cycle Stop Valve and the pressure relief needs to be moved to a point after the CSV.
  3. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

From another thread I was lead to believe that ugabulldog has a prefilter and a micronizer to aerate the water for iron filtering. A micronizer can be a significant flow restriction and can raise the pressure at the wellhead. How much, I don't know. If the PRV worked up until now and just recently started popping off, I would suspect it is either bad or the prefilter/micronizer is partially clogged.
  4. ugabulldog

ugabulldog New Member

Hi LL, I cleaned the filter, it was very durty but relief valve is still leaking, can't really check the micronizer, but it is still sucking air....thanks again for your help. I might ry another prv or just cap off.
  5. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Put a pressure gauge where the prv is and see what pressure you are dealing with.