Well water building up calcium deposits.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Kskier

Home Handyman
Reaction score
Is there a in-line filter to put in after the pump to eliminate calcium buildup? This is destroying coffee makers and is plugging up my washer. Any advise?

Skip Wolverton

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.servicemagic.com
Sounds to me that you need a water softener. If you are on city water, you can get a report that show how much (calcium) you have. If you are on a well, you can buy a test kit or send it to a lab for testing.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Is there a in-line filter to put in after the pump to eliminate calcium buildup? This is destroying coffee makers and is plugging up my washer. Any advise?
Hardness is made up of both calcium and magnesium and they are dissolved into the water so no sediment filter will remove any of the hardness, and you never want anything between a pump and it's pressure switch that can block up, like a filter. And pressure tanks aren't harmed by dirt.

So if your problems are caused by water hardness, you need a softener. I suggest one using a Clack WS-1 CS version control valve.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are disposable in line cartridges out there.. how long one would last is the question. How hard the water is , how much water is used..

Price of the disposable in lines is another question..

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
vote change to 4...

There are other ways, but the simplest and cheapest over the long run would be the whole house softener.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks