Well Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Wondering

Reaction score
I was reading here about wells need a vent. The top of mine has the seal that is down inside casing and you can't unscrew it or the bottom part will fall into the well. Has the pipe coming out and a spot where wiring comes out. Then it has a blue plastic screw in plug. Mine is screwed in so I was wondering if I needed to loosen it some or it's OK? Mine is inside a pump house so it's out of weather. It has been this way for 17 years now because I had to buy a new pump then. Let me know if I should loosen it up.

Reach4

Reaction score
I doubt that the well seal is actually airtight anyway. They are supposed to be watertight but they often are not. Airtight is harder to achieve than watertight.

If you want a vent, that bugproof unit that Smooky pointed too would be a nice one.

If you want to sanitize your system, you could gain access via that plug.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If it works, leave it alone. You will not improve anything by adding a vent to a system that is already working fine.

Wondering

Reaction score
Thanks to you all for the reply. Two houses and a lot of cows and calves on it so I use a lot of water. Hope I don't have any problems for a long time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks