Well riser installation

Users who are viewing this thread

indianawell

Reaction score
I was having a well riser installed, with a new submersible pump, and old well pipe lined. The quoted price was 2100. After digging and many other headaches the company said they can not install the riser because the pipe going into the well is 2", now they want to just install a new jet pump. First question does the 2" well truly stop them from installing the submersible pump? Could they not just line the 2" with a 1" plastic pipe? Secondly do you think that the price should remain the same?

So far they have dug two holes in my yard, the first they did not locate the well before hand and were about three feet from where they needed to. The second hole they rented a terramite and actually located the pipes going down to the well.

The well was installed possibly sometime in the 40's or 50's and there is no record of it. The house has set empty for 7-8 years. The old pump was an old jet pump with the two pipes going out toward the well.

If more information is needed I will try my best to answer I have never owned a house on a well so am not very knowledgeable about them.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You can only use a jet pump with 2" casing. The smallest submersibles need at least 3" casing. Probably not much difference between the price of a jet pump and a submersible. If they are still going to raise the well head when installing the jet pump the price will probably be about the same.

indianawell

Reaction score
They are no longer raising the well head, just installing the jet pump in the basement where the old one was. I feel like the price should go down, but I am willing to pay a little more than the normal cost of installing a jet pump since they did dig the holes and rent the equipment. From what I have read there is no way to be able to know beforehand that the pipe going down to the well is 2" until it is dug up. Correct? So I do not blame them. What would be a reasonable price for installation of a jet pump, minus the price of the pump?

Thanks for your reply.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
I replied via PM but since they are digging have them replace the pipes coming and going to the well with new ones since they are already digging.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
I suggested a VFD and a CSV. :rolleyes:

A PM?? I wanted to see the answer too. :(

And before I forget, make them blow or jet the well to verify that it still makes water and that there is not a hole in the casing. Do this before anything else. IF the casing has a hole you will have to drill a new well anyways.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks