Well pump will not build enough pressure to cut out

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Mrk3cobra, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Mrk3cobra

Mrk3cobra New Member

I have a GE deep well jet pump 1/2 HP. With a square D 30/50 cut out switch. The pump use to cut out at 50 psi and now the pump will only produce 43 psi and does not cut out. The well is only 18 feet deep. I replace the foot valve last year. The pump has two hoses that go down to the bottom of the well.

How to test if the low pressure is caused by the pump or the ejector at the bottom of the well?

Thanks, pete
  2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Clean the jet port. If that fixes it, it was the ejector.
  3. Mrk3cobra

Mrk3cobra New Member

Ok I pulled the Injector, what I see is a small plastic funnel on the 1 1/4 line. There is a 1/4" hole at the bottom of the funnel. There is sand packed around the plastic funnel. This is the first time I have seen an injector so I am not sure how they work. Is the water pulled up through the 1 1/4 line through the small hole, and water shot down the 1" hole.

What do I look for if the small 1/4" hole is open.

Thanks, pete
  4. LLigetfa

Water is forced upward through that 1/4" hole in the bottom of the funnel. Water goes down the 1" pipe and up the 1 & 1/4" pipe.
  5. Mrk3cobra

Mrk3cobra New Member

So if the 1/4" hole is open the injector is good?

Pete
  6. LLigetfa

As long as it is not otherwise gunked up with sand. I presume you cleaned the sand out?
  7. Mrk3cobra

Mrk3cobra New Member

Does all the water go through the 1/4" hole in the center of the funnel? Does some water go around the outside of the funnel?
  8. LLigetfa

The old water goes through the 1/4" hole. New water from the footvalve goes around the funnel.
  9. Reach4

Reach4 Active Member

10. Mrk3cobra

Mrk3cobra New Member

We're do I buy a new injector online, and how to do I size the injector with my well setup.

Thanks, pete