Well Pump to Aerator

Users who are viewing this thread

joseph.moody

Reaction score
Quick question. I currently have a submersible pump going to a 35 gallon bladder tank which then feeds to our house.

Can I add a aerator directly after the well pump, then use the pump in the aerator to go to the bladder tank and then go to the house? I am asking because setups that I've seen have two bladder tanks. One before and one after the aerator.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You can do it either way. I would go straight to the aerator from the well pump and use a float switch in the aerator tank to turn the pump on and off. Then the booster pump drawing water out of the aerator can be controlled by the pressure tank and pressure switch to supply water to the house.

If you use a pressure tank and switch for the well pump, you will have to use the same float switch to open/close a solenoid valve when the aerator tank needs water or when it is full. But then you need to make sure the aerator uses as much water as the well pump can supply or the well pump will be cycling on and off while filling the aerator tank, which isn't good for the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks