Well pump tank

Users who are viewing this thread

J. Goode

Reaction score
My pressure tank was installed in 05 and has worked fine until now. Recently the water has become very rusty looking, with grainy particulates. Last night it started short cycling with a drop in pressure, even when there were no valves open. This morning it's not, (though I haven't run any water yet) but the pressure seems to be holding. Any thoughts? I was thinking of replacing the Well Saver.

J. Goode

Reaction score
Thanks. Someone suggested that I install a check valve, but I've read that having a check valve and a foot valve (my pump is submersible) is bad for the pump. What do you think?.

Reach4

Reaction score
Your check valve should be in the pump or at the pump. Sometimes an additional check valve is installed up top for various reasons. Your reason would be as a workaround until you pull the pump and fix things down there. You might get a bang up top as the water hits if you install a check valve. You might not. I am not a pro.

A foot valve is an intake screen combined with a check valve. Even though your check valve is down with the pump, it is not what you normally call a foot valve. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/foot valve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks