Well Pump Tank Connections

Users who are viewing this thread

DNAHEBERT

Reaction score
Hi, Can You Please Help Me..our Well Water Tank Has 2, I Guess You Would Say Exit Or Intake Holes..?? We Had A Repair Done To The Jet That Goes Into The Ground( To The Water Under Ground) Well I Was Telling The People That Did The Repair That Sometimes The Water Looks Kinda Orange...has Stinks And Tastes Very Bad ...one Hole Is On The Side Of The Tank Right At The Bottom Of The Tank, There Is A Faucet There That You Can Hook Up A Water Hose To. The Other Hole Is On The Other Side Of The Tank And It Is Probably A Little Over A Foot Up From The Bottom Of The Tank....this Is Where The Water From The Ground Goes Into The Tank And Then Goes Into The House. The Guy Told Me It Was Hooked Up Wrong..he Said The Lower Hole Is Where The Water Should Be Entering From The Ground And Going Into The House...he Said The Way It Is Hooked Up Now ,where We Get The Water From The High Side......water Below That Point Mostly Sits In The Tank And Stagnates And That Is Why We Get Orange Nasty Water A Lot..he Said To Either Drain The Tank Often Or Hook The Pipe That Brings The Water To The Pump And To The House Into The Lower Hole(where A Faucet Is Hooked Up To Drain The Tank) I Hope You Can Understand What I Am Trying To Explain Here :) We Need Help.... Thank You So Much..donna

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I agree with him. Air/oxygen is an oxidizer and iron oxidizes into rust whiich settles to the bottom of the tank and creates a good place for bacterial growth and bacteria produce smelly gas that dissolves into the water. Then when that water is depressurized and aerated, like a faucet tip aerator does, the gas comes out of the water (solution) and you smell it.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

DNAHEBERT

Reaction score
Well Pump Connection

Do I Need To Change The Plumbing? Should The Plumbing Comming Into The House Be Connected At The Bottom Of The Well Tank. It Is At This Time Hooked Up To The Tank At About A Foot From The Bottom Of The Tank.should I Connect The Pipes That Come Into The House At The Connection At The Bottom Of The Tank.where At The Present Time Is A Faucet We Use To Drain The Tank..please Help, Donna IF YOU EMAIL ME I CAN SEND A PICTURE OF THE HOOK UP AS IT IS NOW...DNAHEBERT@AOL.COM

Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
To prevent the problem and have it plumbed right, yes it should be changed but... instead of replumbing an old tank, I suggest replacing the air over water tank you have with a new captive air precharged bladder type. It will stop the problem and it can't be plumbed wrong. Bought over the internet including a tank tee package including a new switch, pressure relief, guage, boiler drain (tap for garden hose) and cast tee, $200-$230 delivered depending on the make and size of tank but the larger the higher the price.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks