well pump cycles no/off then stays on

Users who are viewing this thread

dogman92

Reaction score
i have a cistern at my home that recently pumped some dirty water into my house. i have cleaned all of my interior lines out but now when i turn my pump back on it goes up to 60 psi and kicks off, then drops psi back down till the pump kicks on and repeats a time or two. then the pump will kick back on a final time but only build psi of about 50 and never kick back off again. all of this happens in about a 3 minute time period

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If the system will not hold pressure when the pump turns off, the water has to be leaking out somewhere. If it is not leaking out in the house, then it must be leaking back into the well.

dogman92

Reaction score
I have checked my home for leaks and found none, and even if there is a missed leak i still cant figure out why my pressure will only build up to cut off level only two or three times

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The same dirt you got in the house is probably clogging the jet in your jet pump, and keeping the check valve from sealing. I think you have some more cleaning to do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks