well problems

Users who are viewing this thread

offthepath25

Reaction score
I'm having a pump problem. Either the pump or my well is going dry. The problem is I can't find the well cap to pull the pump. Is there any tricks of the trade that could help me out. Question 2 is how do I find out if my well is drying up. Any help would be appreciated.

V

vaplumber

I am not sure of regulations in your area but locally we have many wells burried in a pit. The entire well, cap, sanitary seal etc is inderground below the frost line. Sheck public engineering records related to your system, or look at where the supply line enters your home, and use a metal detector in the appx direction where the well should be.

offthepath25

Reaction score
Thanks for the help

I checked for records for the well but I couldn't find anything . I have talked to the previous owner but he can't really remember, tomorrow I'm going to rent a metal detector. I hope this works because I'm tired of digging and poking!!! Thanks for your help

Speedbump

Reaction score
A metal detector won't go deep enough to find the well. The best thing for this is a Schoenstadt locator. You may have seen a surveyor carrying one of these. They are yellow. They look like a small box with a broom handle coming out the bottom about 3 feet long.

bob...

offthepath25

Reaction score
Schoenstadt locator is what I actually rented. Only 28 dollars and found it in about 15 min. WELL worth it, plus a couple of nails and an old paint can, but I found the well. So tomorrow I pull the pump I hope things go right. With running water I seem to sleep better!! Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks