well pressure tank size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Bishard

Reaction score
Good morning, I have an old well that is 62 feet deep and has on old pump on top that goes into a 1 and 3/8 casing. I have replaced the leathers twice since we moved here 20 years ago, the last time was just last year. The pressure tank is now giving us a lot of rust in our water and I know it needs to be replaced but I am at a loss as to what size to replace it with. The existing tank is approx. 16" in dia. and 40" tall, it does not have a bladder and needs the air recharged quite often. I have 1 bathroom a washer and the sink and dishwasher in the kitchen but we never run any 2 things at once as our pump only puts out about 4 gallons a minute. I would like to know what size replacment tank you would recommend. I have looked it up on the web but am at a total loss. Thanx for any help and have a nice day. Mike:)

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Put the largest one in that you can afford. Bigger is better. gives you more storage and a longer draw down time before the pump cycle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks