Well Mate Tank

Users who are viewing this thread

C@TCH

Reaction score
Sorry for so many ??? My first well water system
i have a Well Mate WM - 6
I checked air pressure when nothing is turned on and it's around 50 psi, is this normal
How often should the switch be coming on when water is running.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The air pressure would be the same as the water pressure if the tank is not drained. You need to drain the tank to check air precharge. The precharge should be 2 - 5 PSI below the cut-in setting depending on pump, 2 PSI for sub and 5 PSI for jet.

C@TCH

Reaction score
The air pressure would be the same as the water pressure if the tank is not drained. You need to drain the tank to check air precharge. The precharge should be 2 - 5 PSI below the cut-in setting depending on pump, 2 PSI for sub and 5 PSI for jet.

How do I figure out what the cut-in setting is.
Is there a way to know if I have a jet or submersible?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A jet pump will be sitting on the floor. You won't be able to find it if it is a submersible.

See what pressure your pump starts and stops, like on at 40 and off at 60. If that is the case you need about 35 PSI air in the tank before you turn on the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks