Weird thing with flushomatic toilet; tube connecting pipe to wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Flapper

Reaction score
Theres this toilet that has a I think 3/8 chrome copper tube connecting from the vertical tube (connecting the toilet spud to the flushomatic (thats what I call it because that's what it should be called; flushometer should be a name of a meter that measures flushes)) to the wall... what the heck?!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You got distracted and did not finish your question. THe small tube is a trap primer for the floor drain. It is NOT a "flushomatic" because you operate it manually, (unless it has a photocell for automatic operation).

Flapper

Reaction score
You got distracted and did not finish your question. THe small tube is a trap primer for the floor drain. It is NOT a "flushomatic" because you operate it manually, (unless it has a photocell for automatic operation).
I asked all the question I needed to ask.
Hmm I did hear something in the floor drain and thought about that. that is weird :confused:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I asked all the question I needed to ask.

No, you got off on a pedantic diatribe about what the valve should be called and NEVER asked "what is the tube for"?

Flapper

Reaction score
quote; I asked all the question I needed to ask.

No, you got off on a pedantic diatribe about what the valve should be called and NEVER asked "what is the tube for"?
Did you not see the parenthesis? And I said "what the heck". You know what I was asking (no?) and you answered it. Why are you arguing about how I asked my question? Nobody cares.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks