Weathermatic controllers???

Users who are viewing this thread

osx-addict

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Just in case my other thread was too specific regarding ET based controllers for sprinklers, I thought I'd see if anyone here is using any controllers at all from Weathermatic and see what you thought of them specifically with regards to quality and how they've behaved for you and if you've had any problems, was the company able to rectify your problem?

Thanks!

osx-addict

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Ok.. Just to followup on my own post.. I ended up buying an SL1600 controller from my local irrigation supply place for a bit over $100 and have been pleasantly suprised with this controller.. It's definately a cut or two above what the normal run-of-the-mill controllers have to offer from your local Home Depot.. This controller helped me to diagnose two open wires in my cabling and I've also found it doesn't exhibit that 2-5 second lag that cheaper controllers do when you tell them to shutoff the water -- this one is pretty quick on the draw. It seems to be well thought out from a engineering and maintenance perspective with easy plug-in modules,etc. Overall, I'm very happy with this unit so far.. I've yet to get the ET module for it that will provide live weather data so it can dyamically adjust the programming depending on season, rain, etc. That's on my list, but I've found that you can get it online for a fair amount cheaper than the local irrigation place has it for (e.g. on the order of $50-$60 cheaper)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks