WC venting, UPC code

Users who are viewing this thread

DavidTu

Reaction score
I have the following situation for a WC (see pics)... the WC is dropping to a closet bend then going down for around 1ft at 45-deg... I can vent it either on the 45-deg drop (so about 10" below WC) or after it levels out (around 14" drop from the WC). I cannot vent before dropping down b/c there is a chimney in the way and I must turn and drop right away.

Normally, for a fixture the vent take-off must be above the p-trap weir; in a WC of course that is not possible... but I am wondering what the acceptable limits are... or how far can I drop below WC closet flange before venting?

So am I ok with alternative #1 or #2 (see pics) or must I do something else?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Ravenna Powder WC 2.jpg
    Ravenna Powder WC 2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,181
  • Ravenna Powder WC 3.jpg
    Ravenna Powder WC 3.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,379
  • Ravenna Powder WC 1.jpg
    Ravenna Powder WC 1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,192

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For the water closet, either would be fine. It needs to be a wye or combo fitting on the vent.
For a water closet, you could even have taken it off the vertical with a wye. In King county, the vent should be within six feet of the flange.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Either will be fine, but if the inspector is one who only reads the book, but does not know WHY it is in the book, he may have a problem with it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks