Ways to support a pipe 2 feet or so off of wall?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jakkwylde, Jul 18, 2009.

1. jakkwylde

jakkwylde New Member

Looking for suggestions on ways that I could support a supply pipe that's about 2 feet off of my basement wall (and 4 feet high) going into my pressure tank for movement. I put some split ring clamps with regular threaded rod over the 3/4" pipe and helped but there is still a little bit of movement side to side (although not too bad). Looking for ideas on how I could support this better.
  2. 99k

99k Radon Contractor and Water Treatment

Is this poly pipe and if so, what is the length before connecting to the tank?
  3. jakkwylde

jakkwylde New Member

cpvc pipe mostly what i'm asking about. it comes out about two and one half feet before running down to the tank about four feet. it had to come out so far because of some shady work by the culligan man :(
  4. TedL

TedL New Member

Can you post a pic?
  5. jakkwylde

jakkwylde New Member

here you go

Attached Files:

6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You cut the pipe, and mount it to the wall.

Or build a framework out to where the pipe is.
  7. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

pipe

reroute the pipe against the wall, or cut it off so it goes downwards to the floor, at the brass fitting, and then over to the tank. Then put supports between the pipe and floor with pipe strap clamps attached to them.
  8. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

Pipe Suport

:eek::eek: I have to agree with the other posts, cut it off and repipe closer the the wall, then add your supports. :eek:
  9. TedL

TedL New Member

I would use something other than CPVC when rerouting, unless that's what's used throughout your house.

If you really, really don't want to replumb, run a 2x4 from floor to ceiling, well anchored at each end, next to the vertical run of CPVC, and attach the CPVC to the 2x4 with plastic or copper U straps.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009