Waxless Seal for Toto Neorest 550? - Or stick with Wax?

Users who are viewing this thread

g37guy

Reaction score
Hi Terry, All,

I went to reuse my Fluidmaster seal on the 550, and it will not easily (or even not easily) slip onto the 550's plastic opening. (See pic).

Locally I think I can only get the Sani Seal waxless seal, or I'd have to order online to try the Fernco one.

Any thoughts on this, or should I just use wax? Really started loving the Fluidmaster ones several years ago.

This is in a new bathroom remodel. The flange is level with the Armstrong vinyl tiled floor, and it has a 3" opening. (See pic).

Thanks!

WP_20130420_002.jpg

WP_20130420_001.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Anytime I use a Fluidmaster waxless seal, I use a new one. They tend to form around the horn, and take a set.
The Sani-Seal would work there, or simply using wax is fine too. We use wax more than anything else.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks