Wax Free Toilet Seals - different mfgs/styles

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by KBradley, Aug 10, 2005.

1. KBradley

KBradley New Member

Would like to eliminate the wax rings on the toilets in my house. Would like to use the wax-free toilet seals. Understand there are a few different brands on the market. Has anyone compared the performance of the different brands?

Fluidmaster has the #7500, #7503, and #7504
    What are the differences between each of these 3 part no's? Fluidmaster website does not provide any info at all. Assume the 7503 is 3" and #7504 is 4"? What is the #7500?

Fernco also makes a seal (#FTS-3 (3") and #FTS-4 (4")).

Do any of these have have "better quality" o-rings, seals? Is one brand "heavier duty" than another? Will one last longer? Any comments anyone can provide would be helpful.
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I really don't know if any waxless rings are better than anyother, but I have used Fluidmaster rings with no problems. There are no moving parts so I can't see how anything will wear out.
  3. KBradley

KBradley New Member

For everyone's info, I found out from Fluidmaster that the #7503 is for 3" diam. pipe, #7504 is for 4" diam pipe, and the #7500 is a combination kit that fits 3 & 4" pipes (uses a 3" kit with an intermediate pipe insert & o-ring to bring it up to 4" diam).